Thursday 10 May 2012

UK v US Cover: Love Bites

How important is the cover of a book to you?

I'm sure I notice them more because I often see a book I like and go off to buy it, only to find the version I get had a totally different cover. I'm in the UK just in case the blog post title didn't give it away! So I thought I'd start up a feature on comparing UK and US covers (might bring in ones from elsewhere too if it takes my fancy!) (Quick disclaimer, I know this is not original but I can't remember where I've seen it so can't credit!)

I've picked out this week a book from a series which has only really come to the UK in the last couple of years despite it being around in the US for a while - that's fairly typical by the way!!!

Love Bites is the second book in the Argeneau series by Lynsay Sands.

Also for interest I've included the original US cover, changed a bit don't you think!!


Below the current US cover is on the left and the current UK cover is on the right!




















Which do I prefer?
Firstly it seems amazing how much the cover of the current US edition is different from the original, so much less cute and promising a much more raw and sexy story.

From the current cover I much prefer the UK cover, I like the blue/green used on the titles and the guy on the cover is kind of good looking isn't he :-) I like the simple but effective design.  The current US cover looks like so many other books, there is little special about it, but there isn't really anything wrong with it either if you understand me!

Which is your favourite??

1 comment:

  1. Awww, I used to have the original US version of this book. I liked that cover with the cute little bat. :P However, out of the new covers I have to agree. I like the UK version much better.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...