Thursday 3 May 2012

UK v US Cover: Succubus On Top / Succubus Nights

How important is the cover of a book to you?

I'm sure I notice them more because I often see a book I like and go off to buy it, only to find the version I get had a totally different cover. I'm in the UK just in case the blog post title didn't give it away! So I thought I'd start up a feature on comparing UK and US covers (might bring in ones from elsewhere too if it takes my fancy!) (Quick disclaimer, I know this is not original but I can't remember where I've seen it so can't credit!)

I've picked out one which has always stuck out in my mind as being different in the UK to the US. Not only is the cover quite different but the book also has a different title!! I ask myself why and have no answer, if anyone does know....

Succubus On Top or Succubus Nights is the second book in the excellent Georgina Kincaid series by Richelle Mead:


Which do you prefer? Why?

Me?

I think it's kind of a tie for me this time. I like the red but I like the green and black too. I like the fancy lettering on the UK cover as it is more eye-catching than the type used on the US cover. To be honest though, neither cover is one of my favourites, it's just sort of there!! The reason this book caught my attention as being different is largely due to the title - anyone?

I'd love to know what you think. Also do you think it's right that the same cover (and title!!!!) is not used worldwide?

1 comment:

  1. I am the same as you, I can't decide which cover I like the most, I think the green and black one is more striking though.

    I wonder why they changed the title? I know they do that sometimes, like with Harry Potter the first book is the Philosphers Stone here (UK) but Sorcerers Stone is US. Weird!

    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...