Thursday 29 November 2012

UK v US Cover ~ Night Life

How important is the cover of a book to you?

I'm sure I notice them more because I often see a book I like and go off to buy it, only to find the version I get had a totally different cover. I'm in the UK just in case the blog post title didn't give it away! So I thought I'd start up a feature on comparing UK and US covers (might bring in ones from elsewhere too if it takes my fancy!) (Quick disclaimer, I know this is not original but I can't remember where I've seen it so can't credit!)

This week I am taking a look at Night Life the first book in the Nocturne City series by Caitlin Kittredge.



Which cover of Night Life do you prefer?? 














And Me?

Okay my first comment to make is that the UK cover looks a funny shape for some reason! It's not really that wide!

These two covers look much more similar than the ones I've been featuring recently,  but they are far from identical! 

I like the inclusion of the wolf on the UK cover and the model looks like she could handle herself. It's a good cover but very much in the theme of how UK urban fantasy covers tend. 

The US cover I like, the model still looks like she can handle herself and the cover is purple!!!! I like the background too.

My choice this week then. Well I like both covers equally but the US one will have to win because it's purple :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...